International Magnetic Solutions has created this on-line calculator to analyse a range of common magnetic applications and generate graphs of( ) / attractive force / current etc.
In this section we have set up a program offering many useful magnetic analyses, as follows:
- Flux density at a distance from a single rectangular magnet
- Flux density at a distance from a single rod magnet
- Flux density at a distance from a single steel-backed rectangular magnet
- Flux density at a distance from a single steel-backed rod magnet
- Flux density between 2 rectangular magnets facing each other
- Flux density between 2 rod magnets facing each other
- Flux density between 2 rectangular magnets facing each other with steel path
- Flux density between 2 rod magnets facing each other with steel path
- Force at a distance from a single rectangular magnet
- Force at a distance from a single rod magnet
- Force at a distance from a single steel-backed rectangular magnet
- Force at a distance from a single steel-backed rod magnet
- Electrical – magnetic analysis of 3-legged circuit
- Flux density vs magnetizing force for mild steel
- Breakaway force for a rectangular magnet on steel
- Flux density at a distance from a single current-carrying conductor
Max dist from magnet:
Required air gap flux density:
Required force at gap:
Gap X-section area
Outer path length:
Range of magnetizing force:
Dist. between magnets:
Max dist from conductor:
Show negative B?
Show Flux density B in:
Show Force F in:
Show Magnetizing current in:
Show Gap X-section in:
Show Centre X-section in:
Show Outer X-section in:
Show Area of magnet in:
Show Mag.length in:
Show Mat.Bd in:
Show Mat.Hd in:
Please read, understand and agree to the following disclaimer
DISCLAIMER: This program has been made available for the sole purpose of familiarising the user with approximate force of magnets. It is the intent of International Magnetic Solutions to foster a greater understanding of magnet technology and magnetic applications through the provision of tools such as this graph program. The results, however, are not necessarily optimum for any particular design problem.
Detailed design of magnets involves considerations that may not be present in this program. International Magnetic Solutions does not offer any warranty with this program. This program has not been designed for rigorous use by external organisations. Therefore, only limited user support and documentation is available.
International Magnetic Solutions reserves the right to review any graphs which are the output of this program, and modify such graphs as International Magnetic Solutions deems to be appropriate, before any design can be said to constitute a magnet design on behalf of International Magnetic Solutions.